(NOTE: SOME OF YOU WILL HAVE RECEIVED THESE MINUTES FROM MY GMAIL ACCOUNT AS SOME OF YOUR EMAILS DON'T GO THROUGH WHEN I SEND SOMETHING VIA OUR AIRCRAFT CLUBS ACCOUNT. SORRY FOR THE INCONVENIENCE TO THOSE OF YOU WHO ALREADY RECEIVED THESE MINUTES. Karo)
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Bob Dunn (and Em Norden), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Brett Lenz, Andy Orszula, and Jim Beeghly
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from May 23, 2018 were read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Rick that the minutes be approved as approved. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Don reported on our financial status. Same as always: We need more flying done. The more we fly, the more fun we have and the more money we bring in to keep us going.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are on the scheduler just waiting to be checked out and flown. The wheel pants have been removed from the old 172. Tim said he and Mark Eads flew the new 172 for a couple of hours and, as Tim put it: “that’s one nice 172"; it flew true and straight and was very smooth.
3. Rick is just about done with the Terry Koehn conference/briefing room. He’s hoping to finish it before June 2.
4. According to Darcy Koehn, Terry’s ashes will be released at 10:00 on June 2, 2018 with a luncheon to follow from 11:00-1:00. All are invited to attend.
5. Bob Dunn will receive the Congressional Gold Medal from the National Headquarters of the Civil Air Patrol (“CAP”) on June 7, 2018 at 7:00 p.m. at the Memorial Building on the Island in Cedar Rapids. The location has been changed: park on First Avenue and go in the First Avenue door and take the elevator up to the 4th floor to the ballroom. Having joined two days before the bombing of Pearl Harbor, Bob is the oldest CAP member and is to be nationally recognized. His wife, Jean, will receive an award posthumously as she was a long-time member also.
6. Rick suggested that a poker run and lunch be held the morning of Karo’s Foundation fundraising jump on August 19, 2018 (her 73rd birthday) at 2:00 p.m. here at Green Castle.
7 The mowing committee (Don Nelson, Larry Clore, Jerry Smithey, and Dean Beranek) is doing a great job keeping up with the grounds. Looks nice guys!
8. CFII Nate Smith took a job in Oklahoma for a year but plans on coming back. Meanwhile, CFIIs Gary Lust, Brian Rohr, and Dale Yoder are still instructing at Green Castle.
9. The engine on Mike Mango’s Stits Playboy checked out just fine.
Bob moved with second by Rick that the meeting be adjourned. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:15 p.m.
Comments are closed.