The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Chris Lenz, Jim Beeghly, Mike Mango, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer, Patrick McCormick with Jonathan Hilmer, Paige and Flynn Lenz, Brett Lenz, and Keith Neuzil (tonight’s chili chef)
GUEST PRESENT: Lane Schultz (scholarship applicant)
The minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from October 28, 2020 were read by Lane. Randy moved with second by Chris that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re down a bit but okay.
2. Airplanes: Rick said Mike’s made a lot of progress on the Chief and the windshield will be installed tomorrow. It starts up just great ... thanks to the new mags. The brakes on the Chief need some work; we’ll check into it. Tim bought a new tail spring for the Chief. All other aircraft is up and flying.
1. Election of officers: At the November 1, 2020 annual Stockholders’ meeting, the members voted to retain Rick, Randy, and Karo, who were up for re-election and advised they wish to stay on the Board. Andy was also up for re-election but decided to step down and let someone else take his place. Mike Mango was elected to take Andy’s seat. At tonight’s meeting, we elect officers. Jim moved with second by Randy that those who held officers 2019-2020 remain in their current positions. Vote taken; Motion carried. Therefore, the officers of the Board of Directors for 2020-2021are: President Rick Treiber, Vice-President Chris Lenz, Treasurer Randy Stannard, and Secretary Karo Stigler. Other Board members are Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, and Mike Mango.
2. Discussion was held re the frequency of Board meetings this winter. We’ll play it by ear and decide week-to-week whether to hold in-person meetings or if they’ll be via Zoom with Randy as the originator.
3. Lane will get an introductory flight, will get a logbook to have the PIC sign, and will look into the Sporty’s ground school program. This is what is would like to be the beginning of flight training ... if he receives a scholarship.
Randy moved with second by Dean that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:46 p.m.