The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:36 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Rick Treiber, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, Joe DeMaria, Chris, Paige, and Flynn Lenz, Kent Johnson, Gary Fatig, Patrick McCormick, Ryan Story, Larry Fetkether, Gary Lust, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from October 10, 2018 were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status which is pretty much the same as last week. We still do not have a new carrier; however, we’re working on it. Greg Ellsworth found a carrier that will cover us but they need a lot of information re our pilots before they can give us a quote. We’ll ask Greg for a 30-day extension of the deadline in order to obtain the requested pilot information and submit it.
2. All airplanes are up and flying. N84455 is scheduled to go to the shop October 19 for the radio issue; Gary Lust pointed out a few things that should be addressed on 17U (which is in Monticello for scheduled updates/repairs and should be back for the PumpkinSplat!); and we’re still working on the deal to sell the 150 (logs are being updated).
3. Don mowed around the buildings; runway and north end need mowing before the Splat this weekend. Foundation President Rick Treiber still needs volunteers to help with the clean-up Saturday as well as Sunday for the Splat!
4. Mark explained requests from the Johnson County Veterans Administration to perform a flyover on Veterans Day as well as a request from another organization to fly over Kinnick Stadium on game day.
1. Mike Mango said his business keeps him so busy he can’t promise a meal every Wednesday so we’re asking those who attend meetings to help supply a meal now-and-then. Please coordinate with Mike.
2. Due to a close friend of Board Member Bob Dunn’s recent medical issue and Bob wanting to spend more time assisting her, he’s informed us he needs to step down from the Board. Bob has been a member of Green Castle and Board member for many, many years and we sure do appreciate all he’s done for the Club. We’re sure he’ll come to the meetings when he can. Karo moved with second by Rick that Chris Lenz fill Bob’s seat on the Board. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Chris moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion Carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:17 p.m.
Comments are closed.