The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:33 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Rick Treiber, Andy Orszula, and Chris Lenz
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Dave White, Larry Clore, Mike Mango, Dean Beranek, CFII Jeff White, Patrick McCormick, Joe DeMaria, Paige and Flynn Lenz, and Mark Eads.
GUEST: Idon Nadler (who got an intro flight today with Jeff White). Welcome, Idon.
The Minutes of the Board of Directors meeting from October 17, 2018 were read by Chris. Rick moved with second by Randy that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Similar to last week. All bills are paid. We still do not have the insurance quote. However, the pressure is off somewhat. Our current carrier is giving us a one month extension of our coverage and we have multiple carriers looking to give us a quote.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are up and flying except N84455 which is down for a wheel problem.
3. We still have a deal working on the 150 sale. The buyer had some issues with the airplane log books and Heartland is resolving that, so hopefully it will be sold this weekend.
4. The Pumpkin Splat generated about $1,750 for the Foundation so was fairly successful considering the windy weather.
1. We confirmed that there were enough proxies to make a quorum to elect new board of directors. All current officers up for re-election were re-elected. The Board voted on officers. Tim advised that he wished to step down as president for personal reasons but will stay on the Board. We thank him for his tremendous commitment and tons of time spent on behalf of the Club. Rick Treiber was elected to replace him and Chris Lenz will be vice-president. Other officers will stay the same with Karo Stigler the secretary and Randy Stannard as treasurer.
2. We are finalizing plans to do the fly over of Kinnick Stadium for the veterans on November 3 at the end of the first quarter of the Iowa game. The Johnson County Veteran's Affairs organization is hosting a veterans game day at Kinnick. All veterans and their families are welcome. We expect to have several airplanes participating.
Chris moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion Carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:16 p.m.
Comments are closed.