The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Andy Orszula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Chris Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick, Gary Beckman, Shawn Rhinehart, Logan Kuehl, Andy Kuehl, Jeff White, Steve Jilovec, Larry Clore, Eric Spurgeon, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the September 5, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Randy said the total money received from our Family Air Adventure was $3000 with net being $2500. No updates on insurance.
2. Tim reported on the status of our aircraft. Tim received a call re the 150 and sent caller pictures. The Chief has a cracked window that will be replaced; the Arrow isn’t back yet from the windshield replacement.
3. Tim and Mike thanked everyone who showed up Saturday to set up for and Sunday to work at our Family Air Adventure. Rick ran through a list of suggestions for our next event. If anyone has any suggestions to help things run smoother, please speak up by calling the office, sending emails/texts to any board member, or even dropping a line in the mail. Luke Newton won the 50/50 drawing and received $125 (of which $80 was donated back to the club). THANKS LUKE!
4. Ground school started Monday and Mark reported we have eight students who, according to Mark, are all serious about ground school. Joe DeMaria’s thumb drives were distributed to the students to help with their studies.
5. Rick reminded us about the Casablanca dinner coming up September 29. For more information, please contact Rick at firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Don said the car show at Swisher would like us to throw their coozies out of our planes again this year ... around noon. Tim and Mark volunteered. Have fun guys!
2. Steve Jilovec (L3 owner) received his tailwheel endorsement today. CONGRATULATIONS STEVE!
3. Our annual PumpkinSplat!, which is a Foundation event, is October 21 with October 28 as the rain date. According to Rick, the Foundation president, this will really be two events in one. The first will be just a fun event where the participants are just trying to see who can land their pumpkin closest to the target. The second will be dropping pumpkins for the possibility of winning a $10,000.00 grand prize!!! The competitor in this group who lands their pumpkin closest to the target will win the right to choose one money bag from a group of 100. One of those bags will contain the $10,000.00 grand prize. Choose the right bag and you're $10,000.00 richer!!
Rick moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:07 PM.