The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Chris Lenz at 6:35 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, Andy Orszula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Tim Scheer, Florian Popp, Matt Golden, Mike Mango, Richard Hyde, Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick and Jonathan Hilmer, Joshua Luckey, Keith Neuzil, Paige and Flynn Lenz, and CFII Jeff White
The minutes of the September 2 (no meeting held September 9), 2020, Board of Directors meeting were read by Chris. Randy moved with second by Andy that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re in good shape. With all the contributions made for the Chief’s new mags, and especially with Tim’s matching those contributions dollar-for-dollar, we broke even. THANKS GOES TO ALL WHO WERE ABLE TO CONTRIBUTE!
2. Airplanes: Everything is flying. When the Chief goes down for annual, the new mags will be installed.
1. Dean and Mike installed the new A/C heater unit that Lonnie Koehn (Terry's brother) and Mike donated in meeting room. Thanks, guys.
2. Matt suggested having a speaker or two come to the meetings occasionally; good idea; will work on it.
3. The Club received a letter last week from an attorney who represents a neighbor who lives on F28 pretty much halfway between the airport and I380 that stated his client wants us to stop flying over his home and outbuilding at such a low altitude. Randy and his attorney spouse, Connie, worked very hard researching the issue both with the courts as well as the FAA and came to the conclusion that we are not in violation of any laws. A four-page letter with Dean’s attachments was sent as a response. We’re hoping the neighbor will be able to meet with us in person so we may discuss this matter. We are certain all of our members who enjoy flying our airplanes will continue to respect our neighbors’ properties as well as adhere to the FARs. THANK YOU CONNIE AND RANDY for all the hard work you did!
Randy moved with second by Andy that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:05 p.m.