PLEASE NOTE that the date of the Family Air Adventure has been changed from September 22 (we got weathered out) to OCTOBER 13. The date in the Minutes below was correct at the time of the meeting but changed since the writing.
The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Andy Orszula, Chris Lenz, Jim Beeghly, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Mike Mango, Brett, Paige, and Little Flynn Lenz, Larry Clore, James Jensen, Dean Beranek, Shawn Rhinehart, Rosemary and Bill Cantrell, Dustin Ashmore, and Mark Eads
The minutes of the September 11, 2019 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Andy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Rick said we’re in good shape.
2. Airplanes: The Chief is back! The door latch on 17U is a pain in the neck; Rick’s having someone make a piece that goes into the latch that will make it work (a new or used one would cost way too much).
3. Mango gave an update on the September 22 [now October 13] Family Air Adventure. Clean-up day is Saturday the 21st [now October 12] and the Family Air Adventure is 10:00 on the 22nd [now October 13]. Rick said he could use three people to help set up at 9:00 on the 22nd [now October 13]. Shawn will set up for the Young Eagles event in the shop hangar. Kids 8-17 fly free and will get a Young Eagles certificate. Mike thanked Andy for the nice flyer he created.
4. Chris said the Veterans/Children’s Hospital flyover was a huge success (even though they had to circle for quite a while because the game was delayed due to rain). Dean was on the ground at Kinnick and he reported everyone in the stadium seemed to enjoy our flyover. We had seven planes up, including John Ockenfels with his cool T6. The Veterans group made a substantial donation to cover fuel. They all made us look good. Thanks, guys!
5. Mark said the Swisher flyover (with only one plane participating) went well. We anticipate their club will make its usual donation.
1. PumpkinSplat! and Stockholders’ Meeting: Rick said this year’s event will be October 27, 2019 with the meeting at 11:00, lunch at noon, and the Splat! starting at 1:00. Andy was volunteered to create a flyer. Karo and Chris will send previous flyers to Andy for revision. Brent will distribute them to several airports.
2. Rick mentioned people are taking pop without paying for it. PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE ... if you take a can of pop, pay for it as we’re only cheating ourselves (and Rick) if we don’t.
3. Since the Chief cost $2,000 to repair, a special assessment is needed. Karo moved with second by Jim that we have a $10.00 special assessment to help cover the Chief’s expenses. The Club will cover the rest. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Chris moved with second by Jim that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:08 p.m.