The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Andy Orszula, Jerry Smithey,
and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Chris, Paige, and sleepy little Flynn Lenz,
Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick, Shawn Rhinehart, Larry Clore, James Jensen, Collin Olander, Bob
Broulik, Jim Beeghly, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the September 12, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with
second by Randy that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Not a lot has changed from last week;
out bills are up to date; nothing new re insurance.
2. Status of our aircraft: The new windshield in the Arrow is beautiful. We had four planes in the
flyover at Swisher. We found that nothing’s wrong with the radio in the new 172 so it must be the
antenna. Larry volunteered to take the plane to Spencer to get the antenna checked ... as soon
as we are given a date/time for the appointment.
3. Ground School: Joe and Mark reported it’s going well.
4. Rick said the Casablanca dinner has been replaced with a member appreciation cocktail party still
on September 29. Rick will send an email to our membership. Long-time member John
Ockenfels will have his T6 as well as his Stearman on static display for the evening. Member
Steve Jilovec said he’ll have his L3 on static display. For more information, please contact Rick
1. Discussion was held re hangar rent and empty hangars.
2. REMINDER: PLEASE MAKE SURE AND PUT THE PINS ON THE BIG HANGAR DOOR
AFTER CLOSING IT. THANKS!
Rick moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at