The meeting was called to order by President Rick Treiber at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Chris Lenz (with Flynn), Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, Andy Orszula (with Helen and Yaya), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Tim Scheer, Mike Mango, Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick and Jonathan Hilmer, Brett Lenz, Scott Pearson, Bob Kline, Larry Clore, Paul Kauffman, and Tony Johnson
The minutes of the September 16, 2020, Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as read. Vote taken; motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re in good shape.
2. Airplanes: Everything is flying. The Chief’s going to Bloomfield tomorrow for annual and new mag installation.
3. Randy said our attorney (Connie Stannard) received a letter from the attorney (Mr. Pazdernik) for the neighbor who is unhappy about low-flying airplanes over his house. The neighbor has accepted the Board’s invitation for an informal conference some time after October 1. We look forward to meeting Mr. Pazdernik and his client and hope things can be smoothed over.
1. NOTICE: Karo moved with second by Randy that we hold our ANNUAL STOCKHOLDERS’ MEETING at 2:00 p.m. on November 1, 2020 at the airport. Vote taken; Motion carried. All Green Castle Aero Club, Ltd. members should be in attendance at this annual meeting at which all members vote on any issue, including election of Board members, that may come up. At our weekly Board meetings (that any member may attend and take part in discussions), only the Board members vote. This is a chance for ALL members of the Club to be heard and vote. Rick, Randy, Andy, and Karo are up for re-election this term. If anyone wants to be on the Board, just show up at the meeting and put your name on the ballot. If you’re unable to attend the annual stockholders’ meeting and would like to be on the Board, please let a current Board member know and your name will be included on the ballot. At this time, it is understood Andy is stepping down, and Mike Mango indicated he’d like to be on the ballot. Rick said all Board members will be required to spend two to four hours (in addition to attending the Board meetings) at the airport helping with general running of the airport and Club.
2. Rick said WE NEED CFIs! If anyone knows of a CFI who’d like to instruct, have him/her get in touch with Rick.
3. NOTICE: We’re going to start locking up the fuel. The pump handles will have locks installed; the filler caps are already locked.
Randy moved with second by Chris that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:45 p.m.