The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:42 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, Andy Orszula, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Chris and Flynn Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Patrick, Susan, and Brendan McCormick, Shawn Rhinehart, Collin Olander, Jim Beeghly, Gary Beckman, Brian Rohr, Dean Beranek, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the September 19, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. Not a lot has changed from last week; our bills are up to date
2. Status of our aircraft: Tim got a call re the 150 that’s for sale; all airplanes available to fly; new 172 goes to Spencer 19 October for antenna check
3. Ground School: going well.
4. Rick said the Casablanca dinner/cocktail party has been CANCELLED ... due to expected poor weather.
5. PumpkinSplat!: It’s coming together nicely; Rick still needs a couple of pilots to sign up to fly bombardiers. Judges are: Chief Judge Tim Scheer and Associate Judges Mycah Kimble and Karo Stigler.
1. APPLAUSE to Mike Mango for his handiwork in renovating his beautiful Stits Playboy, CFII Brian Rohr in the flight demo today ... and to Tim Scheer for building the engine. Good job, guys!
2. Tim said Marion has a poker run 6 October; we’d like our planes/pilots to participate as (a) it’s a lot of fun and (b) we need to keep the goodwill going between our airports.
3. Discussion was held re whether we want to start an EAA chapter within our club. Our club would not be part of EAA, but possibly a chapter within our club.
4. Sad news: Members Mike and Jake Metzger passed away as a result of an airplane crash in Missouri. Our condolences to Mike and Jake’s family.
Rick moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:20 p.m.