The meeting was called to order by Vice-President Chris Lenz at 6:34 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Randy Stannard, Dean Beranek, Jim Beeghly, Andy Orszula (and Helen), and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Tim Scheer, Mike Mango, Joe DeMaria, Patrick McCormick and Jonathan Hilmer, Keith Neuzil, Paige and Flynn Lenz, and Kent Johnson
GUESTS: Lane (possible scholarship student) and mom, Elisha Schultz. Lane is very interested in becoming a pilot, has attended air shows, reads airplane magazines, is planning on doing an online ground school program, and would like to apply for our scholarship next spring.
The minutes of the September 23, 2020, Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Randy moved with second by Jim that the minutes be accepted as amended. Vote taken; motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported we’re in good shape, so there will be a hefty expense coming up.
2. Airplanes: Everything is flying. The weather didn’t cooperate (super windy) last week for the Chief to go to Bloomfield but we’ll try again this week to take it down for its annual and new mag installation.
3. Fuel Report: According to Dean, we have 524 gallons of auto fuel and 1,040 gallons of 100LL.
4. If any flying member needs to unlock the fuel pumps, call Rick or Randy and they’ll give you the code.
5. Randy said we’ll offer one of the first three Wednesdays to meet with Mr. Pazdernik and his client to discuss low flying aircraft over his client’s home. We’ll invite them to have dinner with us and will hold an executive Board meeting after.
1. Tim Scheer flew for an hour (after being grounded for a couple of years due to poor health). He said it felt great to be back up (and he’s still smiling).
2. Tim will take care of the ADs on the ignition switches and seat tracks that are due on the 172s.
3. Keith suggested we get new wind socks as the ones we have are really faded. We’ll contact the Iowa DOT as they provide them to airports at no expense.
Jim moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:52 p.m.
Comments are closed.