The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Dave White, Mike Mango, Chris, Paige, and 3.5-week-old Flynn Lenz (who’s already been flying with dad and mom several times), Joe DeMaria, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the August 29, 2018 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Randy that the Minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer's Report: Randy reported on our financial status. It hasn’t changed much since last week except we paid some bills that have just come in. All accounts are current. Discussion was held re new insurance carrier as our current carrier won’t be writing for airplanes anymore. We’ll keep our agent/broker (Greg Ellsworth) but he’ll find a new carrier.
2. Tim reported that the Arrow is at Bloomfield for windshield replacement. Hopefully, it will be back for the Family Air Adventure (“FAA”) this weekend (Sunday the 9th).
3. Mike updated us on this Sunday’s FAA. Chris is air boss; bouncy house has been confirmed; Rick has pilots lined up to fly those who make $30 donation, $7 adults and $4 for kids to eat lunch, Mark and Brett are safety, Della will do face painting, Gary and Sharon Lust are inside cashiers along with Gary Beckman, and Karo will be cashier for plane rides.
4. Joe DeMaria downloaded on the office computer several useful videos for upcoming ground school classes. Joe will also load them onto flash drives for students. Ground school study materials will now be via books as well as videos. THANKS JOE!
5. The Casablanca dinner is coming up ... September 29. For more information, please contact Rick at email@example.com.
6. We lowered the price of the 150 to $16,000.
1. The window ledge in the meeting room is super wet. Since we replaced the entire widow last year, the leaks are definitely coming from holes on or around the roof.
Randy moved with second by Karo that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 7:12 PM.