MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER 5, 2012 BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING
The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT:
Don Nelson, Bob Dunn, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
Em Norden, Jim McCullough, Jim Beeghly, Andy Carpenter, Dave White, Elliott Kelley (new member, as of a month ago, and soon-to-be private pilot), and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the November 28, 2012 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Bob Dunn moved with second by Rick Treiber that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
1. Treasurer’s Report: According to Don, “we’re doing okay . . . we’re going into the winter better than we ever have before.”
2. Airplanes: The Ercoupe’s’s back with a new windshield, ASI, etc. 19Q is getting annualed and, when it returns, will have a new cylinder. The cylinder will probably cost around $300-$400. The Arrow went to Dubuque today for transponder, etc. certification, and it will cost around $300-$400 also.
3. We have a new student member who’s from Davenport.
4. Shelby (current scholarship student) Clair is on her night cross country as we are meeting and will be taking her written tomorrow. When Shelby returns, student Al Schmitt will go up for his night cross country.
5 The ground school committee didn’t have a chance to meet this week, but they hope to in the next few days.
6. Dave White went to the Muscatine EAA meeting and discussed the scholarship with them.
7. Mark Eads had an extra study session Monday (Dec 3) for his ground school students, and he said it went fairly well. He’s scheduled the last extra study session next Monday and will take a practice test after that.
8. Discussion was held re having an birthday party for our founder, Don Nelson around December 11 (his 85th birthday) ; HOWEVER, Don said he didn’t want one, so we’ll have a holiday (not birthday) party on December 15, 2012 at 6:00 p.m. at Willie Nelson’s “Garage Mahal,” which is just a couple of hundred yards west of the airport. We invite all members to “just show up, bring a dish to share, and the beverage of your choice.” Remember: This is NOT a birthday party for Don (but Don will be in attendance); it is a holiday party that just happens to be around Don’s 85th birthday.
9. Discussion was held re discontinuing the credit card automatic billing. Bob moved with second by Rick that we eliminate the automatic renewal billing charge and that we go back to billing every six months. A letter will be sent to the few members who’ve been renewing by this method. We’ll still take credit cards, but there won’t be any automatic renewals. Vote taken; Motion carried.
Bob Dunn moved with second by Rick Treiber to adjourn the meeting. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:59 PM.