The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 PM.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, CFII Ryan Story, Rick Treiber, Randy Stannard, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Mike Mango, Jim Beeghly, Trey Castillo, Al Schmidt, Brett Lenz, Chris Lenz, CFII Terry Koehn, Merlin Weissheier, Dave White, Eric Smyth, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the April 1, 2015 Board of Directors meeting was read by Karo. Bob moved with second by Ryan that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
OLD and NEW BUSINESS:
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy gave a report on our financial status.
2. Airplanes: Terry reported on the general status of the airplanes.
3. Re the $25-membership for 18 and under, the benefits are: attend social functions, ground school is free, and they get to help wash airplanes. They do not, however, have flying privileges. We’ll get the info out to schools (see attached to original of minutes suggested notice for posting in schools from member John Butler).
4. The rain date for the Family Air Adventure is SEPTEMBER 27, 2015 (not September 21 as erroneously stated in the March 11 Minutes).
5. REMEMBER tailwheel instruction by Tim and Ryan is SATURDAY, APRIL 18, 2015 at 10:00. Fee for instruction and lunch: $30.
6. New Member: Dale Bieber (private and instrument pilot) from Coralville. WELCOME!
7. Ground School: The most recent session was a good class; pizza was served.
8. Scholarship Students Trey and Riley: No flying this week due to weather.
9. Meals at Board Meetings: Tim said Mike’s meal fund is running in the red after some meetings as not everyone is paying. Please remember to pay if you eat. Thanks.
10. Mike is having a kitchen fund free-will fundraiser on Thursday, April 23 from 5:30 to 8:30 p.m. He’s likely to have a 50/50 drawing, hot dogs, hamburgers, and a free ride around the patch (weather permitting) by Ryan, Chris, and/or Tim. Scott Pearson of Tipton said we can use his hangar or out in front of the office for a BBQ on May 27 (hamburgers, cole slaw, chips, etc.). More later.
11. Terry reminded us that the grass is growing and needs to be mowed; plans need to be made to get together a mowing committee.
Bob moved with second by Randy that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Adjourned at 7:07 PM.