MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Riley Lowe, Brett Lenz, Mike Mango, Merlin Weissheier (& Gracie), Nathan, Erika, Frank, & Wyatt Smith, Larry Clore, Jim Beeghly, and Mark Eads
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported on the status of our finances.
2. The status of our airplanes was discussed. Tim got a new gas cap assembly for the Ercoupe.
3. WeatherHawk: The results of member survey re whether we should lay out $515 to fix the WeatherHawk or let it go were that it should not be repaired. A member volunteered to pay a portion of the cost to have it repaired if Cornell College won’t pay for it. It’s still up in the air what we’re going to do.
4. Our Ground school student is about ready to take practice test.
5. Tim went to the Mason City auction today looking for mags but didn’t find any; HOWEVER, he bought a 1969 172K with Lycoming 320 engine in it. It’s got 2900 TT, original paint, engine has run out of time but last time it flew it had good compression. Evidently, the FBO died so the airplane has sat for a bit (last flew in 2005). Tim bought it for $21,000. He’ll get it annualed. It has basic VFR, glideslope, old King radios, Collins transponder. The airframe log is missing, but all other logs are there. Randy moved with second by Rick that we buy it from Tim. Vote taken; Motion carried. We are still planning on selling the 150.
6. Riley gave an update on his life at the Academy. He said his second semester went pretty well and can’t wait to get back after a short vacation with his family and Taylor to go to survival training and jump school. He said having a pilot’s license has helped in some respects.
7. Erika said she has three people so far who have signed up for the scouting event August 5. Evidently, it’s not unusual for the scouts to wait until a few days before an event to sign up.
NEW BUSINESS: None.