The meeting was called to order by President Tim Scheer at 6:30 p.m.
OTHER BOARD MEMBERS PRESENT: Bob Dunn, Randy Stannard, Rick Treiber, Nate Smith & Erika, Jerry Smithey, and Karo Stigler
MEMBERS PRESENT: Don Nelson, Brett Lenz, Joe DeMaria, Jim Beeghly, Merlin Weissheier, Mike Mango, Mark Pettinger, and Mark Eads
The Minutes of the December 13, 2017 Board of Directors meeting were read by Karo. Rick moved with second by Bob that the minutes be approved as read. Vote taken; Motion carried.
1. Treasurer’s Report: Randy reported on our financial status. This is January … WE NEED MONEY! We received a fuel bill of $5800, and the new 172’s annual and engine rebuild cost $14,000.
2. Tim reported that all airplanes are up and running. The 150 (478) may be sold … if we give it a fresh annual; and the other 150 (11157) is out of annual.
3. Rick reported on the Foundation: The Foundation’s paperwork from the IRS has been APPROVED! The Foundation’s desk is in the briefing room in the office.
4. Erika said the aviation badge day set in April might only be for 20 scouts (their cap, not ours). Rick moved with second by Jerry/Randy that the April 7, 2018 aviation merit badge day be scrubbed. Vote taken; Motion carried.
5. Because the last Rusty Pilot seminar sponsored by AOPA was such a success, we’ll be getting a date for the next one … probably this spring.
1. Tim said we’ve had water freezes and leaks he’s been tending to (and furnace freeze that Rick’s been dealing with). THANKS!
2. Tim, Don, and Mike Burns have been taking care of the scooping and plowing of snow off of our runways and from in front of the hangars. Thanks guys!
3. CFII Gary Lust posted a dry erase maintenance status board in the office. Thanks Gary!
4. Bob Dunn’s been at it again. Bob made a beautiful “GONE WEST” sign that we’ll hang on the west wall of the meeting room. Our plan is to have small “plates” with names of deceased members from it. Thanks, Bob, that’s a very nice thing to do.
5. Don and everyone thanked Tim Scheer with applause and cheers for all the work he does here at the airport. No matter what the weather is … -20, etc., Tim’s here working.
Rick moved with second by Jerry that we adjourn. Vote taken; Motion carried. Meeting adjourned at 6:56 p.m.